The Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies invites applications to teach the following course in Winter Session 2018.
Term I (September 1 – December 31, 2018)
LAST 100-001 (3) Introduction to Latin American Studies TTh 14:00-15:30
The course covers: An overview of the culture and society of Latin America from ancient to contemporary times and from Argentina to Mexico.
All applicants must provide:
- Cover letter of application
- Statement of teaching philosophy OR sample syllabus for a course related to that which you are applying
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of courses previously taught
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness such as recent teaching evaluations
- Names and contact information of 3 referees. If you are applying for the first time, 2 confidential letters of reference sent directly to email@example.com from the referees by the application deadline.
Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. or equivalent in relevant discipline and post-secondary teaching experience.
All positions are governed by UBC’s “Agreement and Conditions of Appointment for Sessional Lecturers” and are offered subject to funding and adequate enrolments. Scheduled days and times are also subject to change. Only candidates being considered for appointment will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Friday, June 1, 2018 at noon
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. The University of British Columbia hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.