ExpoPlaza Latina presents:
A New Pacific Nexus: Canada, Latin America and Asia
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 8am-1pm
The Law Courts Inn, 4th Floor, 800 Smithe Street, Vancouver
$25 students (members)
- To help the business community to understand how to take advantage of a shifting global demand, policy changes and investment opportunities in various markets.
- To strengthen Canada’s strategic position as an international hub between Asia and Latin America.
- Trade agreements in Asia and the Americas.
- Opportunities offered in trade and investment.
- Emerging policies.
- The future of the economic relationship between these regions.
- Security among the regions.
- Mr. Michael Small, Dialogue Fellows partner, Centre for Dialogue, Simon Fraser University
- Professor Yves Tiberghien, Director, Institute of Asian Research, University of British Colombia
- Daniel Kiselbach, 1st Partner at Deloitte Tax Law LLP practicing in the areas of international trade, customs and commodity tax
- Carlo Dade, Director, Centre for Trade and Investment Policy, Canada West Foundation
- Professor Maxwell A. Cameron, Director, Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions Department of Political Science, University of British Columbia
About the Organizers
The Canadian International Council (CIC) is an independent council with the aim to strengthen the Canadian role in international affairs. It gathers the academic, diplomatic and business communities to discuss global issues.
ExpoPlaza Latina (EPL) is a platform connecting organizations in BC and Latin America to business opportunities. A program conceived by Latincouver that offers a series of events with educational and networking opportunities.